Create a professional invoice for your moving company with this customizable template. Simply fill out the invoice with your information, download the invoice in the format that works best for you (.doc, .xls, or .pdf), and send it off.
Your moving company may or may not need to send an invoice, depending on the arrangement you have with the clients engaging your moving services. If they do not pre-pay, it is likely that you will need to send an invoice in order to be paid.
After you submit your invoice, you should receive your payment by the date you specified on your invoice. If you do not receive your payment by this time, check with the client to confirm that your invoice was received, and ask when you can expect to receive payment for your moving services. Keep in mind the method of payment you specified, so that you make sure you are looking in the right place for the payment.
In order to be paid promptly, you must include certain pieces of information in the invoice for your moving company. These pieces of information are:
• The name, address, and phone number of the company or individual you are invoicing
• The name, address, and phone number of your moving company
• The current date
• The date by which you expect to be paid
• Your preferred method of payment (confirm with the client that this method works for them)
• A description of the work you performed. This does not to be detailed, but should make it clear what you’re referring to (for instance, “cross-country moving,” “furniture packing,” “apartment unloading,” etc.).
• The cost of each piece of work on the invoice. This may be a flat fee or an hourly rate. If it is hourly, also include the number of hours and multiply to get your total. • The grand total, including sales tax if necessary